We went to a friend’s house and they served us a salad with a store-bought lemon vinaigrette and my son was in love. Since then he refused to use any other dressing for his salad and I had to look for lemon dressing from every store I went to until I found the one he was in love with so much. I had to make it at home so he would be happy and we could go back to enjoying salads at home. I am sure you will love it too once you try it.
The ingredients for the creamy lemon vinaigrette
Simple ingredients that can be found in any pantry at home, make this simple, but delicious vinaigrette.
Here is what you will need for the lemon vinaigrette:
- 2 large lemons (about 1/2 cup lemon juice)
- 2 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon dehydrated parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
Let’s start by squeezing the lemons. Cut the lemons into halves and squeeze the juice of both into a mixing bowl. Catch the seeds in your fingers and discard them. Do not discard the pulp. I find the pulp gives it that burst of flavor that we are looking for.
Tip: Roll your lemons on the counter while lightly squeezing them to get the juice released from the lemons. This allows for the lemon easier to juice.
Finely chop your garlic or grate it using a nutmeg grater. Add it to the bowl along with the mayonnaise, honey, dehydrated parsley, pepper, and salt. I like to add dehydrated parsley to this lemon vinaigrette because I find adding fresh parsley means I have to consume it within a day or two. Adding dehydrated parsley allows the vinaigrette to keep longer.
Using a hand whisk, or a fork, mix everything well to get a homogenous mixture.
Now we can add the oil to the mix. Slowly pour the oil with one hand and continue to mix with the whisk using the other hand. This allows for the oil to mix well into the oil. I find adding the oil slowly allows it to mix better into the lemon.
Pour the mixture into a jar and store it in the fridge for up to three weeks. Enjoy with a variety of salads. It will add a freshness to any boring salad. Just remove from the fridge, shake the jar really well and serve.
Creamy Lemon VinaigretteCourse: DressingCuisine: CanadianDifficulty: Easy
This delicious creamy lemon vinaigrette is tart, fresh, subtly sweet, and perfect. It’s guaranteed to add brightness and a kick to any salad and become your favorite in no time.
2 large lemons (1/2 cup lemon juice)
2 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 tablespoon honey
2 garlic cloves
1/2 teaspoon dehydrated parsley
1/2 teaspoon pepper
Salt to taste
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Squeeze the lemon juice from both lemons into a mixing bowl. Do not remove the pulp, but catch the seeds with your hands and discard them.
- Finely chop the garlic or grate it using a nutmeg grater.
- Add the mustard, mayonnaise, honey, garlic, parsley, pepper, and salt to the bowl. Using a hand whisk, mix everything so you have a homogenous mixture.
- Slowly pour the olive oil into the bowl as you continue to whisk with the other hand.
- Pour into a jar and store in the fridge for up to 3 weeks. Remove from the fridge, shake well and serve.
- – If the vinaigrette is too tart, try adding a little more honey.
– Try using other herbs.
– Reduce the quantities to make a smaller amount and add fresh herbs and enjoy right away.