I love making muffins. My son loves making them with me and these healthy oat and almond muffins are some of his favorites. They are so easy to put together and are ready in no time. They are great for breakfast or an afternoon snack.
The ingredients for healthy oat and almond muffins
These simple whole ingredients will have you licking your fingers and wanting more.
What you will need:
- 1 1/4 cup raw almonds + 12 almonds for topping
- 1 cup rolled oats (not instant)
- 1/4 cup real maple syrup
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut
- pinch of salt
Making these muffins is so easy that you can whip them up in less than 25 mins. We start off by adding the raw almonds into a food processor. Blend them into a rough powder and then add the rolled oats. We need to be sure to use rolled oats and not the fast cook or 1 min cook oats. The idea is to get a hearty muffin.
Once the almonds are rough chopped (almost powder form, but you can still see a few tiny pieces of almond), add the oats to the blender and pulse a couple of times to allow the oats to break up a bit and mix in with the almonds.
Mix the maple syrup, vegetable oil, and non-dairy milk of choice in a bowl. Pour in the almond and oat mix into the bowl and mix together. Add the salt and unsweetened coconut to the bowl and mix to form a muffin mix.
Line a muffin tray with muffin liners and pour the muffin mix into the liners. Top each one of the muffins with a raw almond.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and bake your healthy oat and almond muffins for 10-12 minutes. The baking time always depends on individual ovens. Insert a toothpick and remove. If the toothpick comes out clean, your muffins are ready to be removed from the oven.
Let them cool completely in the muffin tray. Once cooled you can store them in an air tight container for up to 1 week in the fridge.
Healthy Almond & Oat MuffinsCourse: SnackCuisine: CanadianDifficulty: Easy
These simple gluten free and vegan healthy oat and almond muffins are made from natural ingredients and have no added artificial sugar. Perfect for any snack.
1 1/4 cup raw almonds + 12 almonds for topping
1 cup rolled oats (not instant)
1/4 cup real maple syrup
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup non-dairy milk
1/4 cup unsweetened coconut
pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Blend the almonds in a food processor to a rough powder. You should still be able to see some small pieces of almond.
- Add the rolled oats to the processor and pulse a few times – just to break up the oats slightly and to mix them in with the almonds.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the maple syrup, oil, and the non-dairy milk of choice. Mix together and toss in the oat and almond mix.
- Add the coconut and salt and mix everything together to form a muffin batter.
- Line a muffin tray with liners and pour the muffin mix into them.
- Bake the muffins for 10-12 mins – dip a toothpick into the muffin and if comes out clean, the muffins are ready.
- Enjoy them with a cup of coffee or tea. Save in an air tight container for up to a week in the fridge.
– Check out other snack recipes here.