When I hear smoothie, I can’t resist saying “Mmmmmmm!” I grew up with tropical fruit trees in my backyard and absolutely love them. I have done my job as a parent and have managed to get my kids addicted to them as well.
Have this drink for breakfast and it will give you a boost throughout the day. Give it to the kids for their after school snack and it will tide them over while you make dinner. It is especially refreshing when it is hot outside. It’s one of my favourite tropical drinks. For anyone that loves tropical fruits, this is a must try!
A couple of fruits, some oats, some flax seed, some non-dairy milk and you have yourself one of the best drinks in the world!
The Ingredients List:
- 2 kiwi fruit – the fruit adds that beautiful tart freshness to the drink.
- 1/2 cup mango (frozen or fresh) – the sweet pulp is a perfect match for the tartness of the other fruit.
- 2 tablespoons almond butter – almond butter adds a creaminess to the drink that makes it glide down with ease.
- 2 tablespoons rolled oats – these provide the soluble fiber, the antioxidants, and they too provide a creaminess to the drink.
- 1 teaspoon of flaxseed ground – these provide the Omega 3 fatty acid that is so necessary for our bodies.
- 1 cup oat milk – I love adding oat milk to my drink. It adds yet more creaminess to the drink.
- 2 scoops of protein powder – in my opinion, no smoothie is complete without the addition of some sort of protein powder. I prefer to add the non flavoured type.
More Drink Recipes you will Like:
How to Make the Delicious Drink:
Making this drink is so simple. If you can use a blender, you can make it.
- Peel and chop your fruits into chunks – if using fresh fruit. Add them to the blender jug.
- Add the oats to the jug.
- Add the almond butter to the jug.
- Add the oat milk to the jug.
- Blend everything together and when everything is almost smooth, add the protein powder. Continue to blend until you have a nice smooth consistency.
I like to add the protein powder last because it tends to get stuck to the blender jug if added before all the liquid and fruits are combined. When you add it last, it gets amalgamated into the drink with ease.
Frozen Fruit vs Fresh Fruit:
I often get asked the question of whether one should use fresh or frozen fruits. I make my drink by using both – depending on what I have at hand on any given day. I always have frozen fruits in the freezer. They are cheaper to get and last a lot longer. And there’s always the ease of use. No need to peel, chop, etc. They come pre-cleaned, peeled, chopped, and ready to use.
If you are using fresh fruits, add a few cubes of ice – especially during the summer months. It provides that extra coldness to the drink.
- Make it creamier with some Greek Yogurt.
- Add some Honey or some Maple Syrup to make it a little sweeter.
- Try to use any other kind of Non-Dairy milk. I enjoy oat milk, but you can add Almond, Cashew, or Soy.
- Make it even healthier by adding a teaspoon of Chia Seeds.
- Want a more tropical flavour? Add 2 tablespoons of Coconut Milk to the mix.
- I love to add some Green Leafy Vegetables to mine from time to time. Try spinach, or more a more earthy flavour some arugula.
- Make it even healthier by adding some Cauliflower to the drink. It makes it really creamy and reduces the number of calories being consumed.
- Add slightly less liquid and make it a little thicker, so you can enjoy it with some Granola on top. Such a treat!
Make Ahead vs Fresh:
I have been asked often if this drink can be made ahead of time. I always find that having any drink that has been freshly blended is much better tasting than when it’s made ahead. But one way to make it ahead would be to blend it and immediately freeze it. Remove from the freezer and allow it to thaw at room temperature. I like taking them to work sometimes and I usually freeze them and allow them to defrost while I am in transit. By the time I arrive at work, the drink is all thawed out, but cold enough to enjoy.
If you like the recipe please leave a comment below. Don’t forget to sign up for the free newsletter and be the first to learn about all my new recipes. And, don’t forget to follow me on my social media accounts
Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and Twitter.
Healthy Mango Kiwi SmoothieCourse: BreakfastCuisine: TropicalDifficulty: Easy
My healthy mango and kiwi smoothie is sweet, creamy, rich, and dairy free. It only takes less than 5 minutes to enjoy a tropical treat in a glass!
2 kiwi fruit
1/2 cup mango (frozen or fresh)
2 tablespoons almond butter
2 tablespoons rolled oats
1 teaspoon of flaxseed ground
1 cup oat milk
2 scoops of protein powder
- Add both fruits, almond butter, rolled oats, flax seeds, and oat milk to a blender.
- Blend everything till almost smooth.
- Add the protein powder to the blender and blend until everything is mixed well and you have a smooth consistency.
- Enjoy cold!
What is Mango Kiwi Smoothie made of?
My smoothie is chock full of healthy, and nutritious ingredients:
– kiwi fruit
– almond butter
– rolled oats
– flaxseed ground
– oat milk
– protein powder
Can I make my Mango smoothie with milk?
Yes, most definitely. Although my mango kiwi one is made with non dairy oat milk, we can just as easily replace the oat milk with regular milk. Or even add yogurt to it. Smoothies made with milk have a more creamy flavour than ones made with non dairy milk.
Can I make a Vegan Mango smoothie?
Yes, most definitely. My mango kiwi drink is Vegan friendly. It is made with oat milk, although that can easily be replaced with any other type of non dairy milk. It has a lot of other nutrients that are beneficial for health.