Who doesn’t like cookies? We all love them. So, why not make a cookie pie that will be a guaranteed crowd-pleaser. And best of all, two different types in one. We all love cookies in this house and make them all the time. We don’t need an excuse to make them. I love cookies with nuts and the kids love theirs with chocolate chips, so I have made a cookie with both things in it.
Here I have my recipe for a large cookie that is divided into two parts. One part is a chocolate chip cookie with pecans and the second is a s’mores cookie.
The ingredients for the cookie pie
The usual cookie ingredients, but in a gooey pie format that everyone will love.
What you will need:
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter (at room temperature)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg (at room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup mint chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup pecans bits
- 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
Let’s start by making the cookie dough. In a large mixing bowl, add the room temperature butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar. If you forgot to get your butter out of the fridge in time or the butter isn’t softened enough, you can put it in the microwave for a few seconds to soften it.
Using a manual hand whisk or an electric mixer, whip the butter and sugars together for about 2- 3 mins. The idea is to get the sugars mixed into the butter. Since the butter is soft, it shouldn’t take any time at all. Once that is done, add the egg and vanilla to the bowl and whisk for another 1 minute or so. This is to ensure that the egg gets evenly distributed into the butter.
In a separate bowl, combine the flour, corn starch, baking soda, and salt. I use a sieve to sift everything. This ensures that there are no lumps and helps all the dry ingredients get mixed together. Add all of the dry ingredients to the bowl with the wet ingredients and using a spatula to mix everything to form a cookie dough.
Now that we have the cookie dough, we can add our nuts and chips. Divide the cookie dough into two equal parts. Add the chocolate chips and marshmallows to one half and using a spatula, mix them in so that everything is evenly distributed. This will be for the s’mores cookie. Prepare a pie dish by liberally buttering it. My pie dish has ruffled edges to it. I have to ensure that I butter all of those well too so that the cookie pie slips out easily once it’s baked.
Add the first cookie mix into the pie dish and evenly spread it around, making sure that the cookie dough is tucked in properly into the ruffled edges as well.
Now, add the pecans and the mint chocolate chips to the second half of the cookie dough. Using the spatula mix them into the dough, so that the nuts and chips are evenly distributed. I love the flavor of the mint chocolate chips. If you don’t have those, you can always use regular chocolate chips and add 1/4 teaspoon of mint essence to the cookie dough. But if you are not a lover of mint, skip them altogether and just add regular chocolate chips.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and bake the cookie for 20-25 minutes. The cookie pie should still be a little soft on the inside. Once you remove it from the oven, it will continue to cook for a little bit as it cools. Removing the pie from the oven when it’s still a little soft will ensure that that happens.
Let it cool completely in the pie dish and serve it with a side of vanilla ice cream and a cup of coffee. You will be a rock star in all your guests’ minds.
The Perfect Two-in-One Cookie PieCourse: DessertCuisine: CanadianDifficulty: Easy
This two-in-one cookie pie is the perfect dessert for a gathering. Crunchy and golden brown on the outside and gooey from the middle, it will melt in your mouth.
3/4 cup unsalted butter (at room temperature)
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 egg (at room temperature)
1 teaspoon pure vanilla
2 cups all purpose flour
1 tablespoon corn starch
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup mint chocolate chips
1/2 cup pecans bits
1/2 cup mini marshmallows
1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the softened butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar. Using a hand whisk or a mixer, whisk for about 2-3 mins till the sugar gets combined with the butter and gets a little creamy.
- Add the egg and vanilla and mix for about a min so that the egg gets whipped and combined with the butter, sugar mix.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, corn starch, baking soda, salt. Add to the bowl with the wet ingredients and using a spatula combine everything to form a cookie dough.
- Divide the cookie dough into two equal parts.
- To the first half, add the mint chocolate chips and the pecans and using the spatula, mix them into the dough.
- To the second half, add the marshmallows and chocolate chips and using the spatula, mix them into the dough.
- Prepare a pie dish by buttering it liberally. Add the first half of the dough onto one side of the pie plate, evenly spreading it and ensuring that the dough is properly tucked in to the circular bits of the pie dish.
- Place the second half of the dough and evenly spread it on the second side of the dish, again ensuring that there are no gaps left. (If you like, add a line on the cookie with the back of a knife, just so you know where the separation line is once the cookie is baked.
- Bake the pie for about 20-25 mins. The pie should still be a little moist in the center when you pull it out of the oven, so that by the time it cools down, the outside is crunchy, but the inside is still gooey. Let it cool down completely in the pie dish.
- It can be stored in an air tight container for up to 4 days.
– Check out other dessert recipes here.