In the summer months, we drink this summer peach iced tea by the jug fulls. My kids love iced tea and I am always looking for ways of making it with different fruit so that they can enjoy various varieties over the summer. During the summer, we also tend to visit farms to pick fruit or to visit their farmer’s markets and pick up fruits and vegetables. This means we get to pick up fresh farm honey as well, which I use plenty of in this summer drink.
Ingredients for Summer Peach Iced Tea
All it takes is 4 ingredients to make this amazing summer drink recipe.
- 2 liters of water
- 3 English breakfast tea bags
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 1 large ripe peach
- 3 limes
More Drink Ideas you will Like
How do I make my Tea for Peach Iced Tea?
Let’s start with making the team for our peach iced tea recipe. I like to steep my tea for about a half hour.
- Boil 2 liters of water.
- Add it to a pot or jug directly.
- Add all three of the tea bags to the pot. I like my iced tea a little strong, but if you prefer a lighter version, add two tea bags only.
- Allow the tea to steep for about 30 mins.
- Remove and discard the tea bags (I keep mine for the garden).
Once the tea has steeped and we smell the delicious amora of steeped tea, we can add the honey and the lime juice to the jug. I like to add the honey and stir it in thoroughly. Sometimes it takes more than one stir to get it all soft and mixed it.
I slice the limes into halves and squeeze the juice directly into the jug – pulp and juice both. Stir it in well and allow it to sit for a few minutes while we slice the peaches.
The Fresh Peaches
I love fresh peaches and when they are in season, I buy lots of them. We use them for all kinds of things. For this summer peach iced tea, I like to buy them fresh and slice them when they are still a little hard. You can always use softer ones too. The softer they are, the juicier they tend to get. I like to slice them into thin 1/4 inch slices.
The Infusion of the Peaches
Once I have all the peaches sliced, I add them directly to the jug and stir once. Place the jug in the fridge for about 3 or so hours. The longer it sits, the more peachy the flavour will be. Sometimes I make the drink ahead and keep it in the fridge overnight. That way, we have it ready whenever we want it.
I like to serve mine right out of the fridge. I serve it with:
- some ice cubes
- some fresh slices of lime
- some fresh mint leaves
I make this tea a lot and try and vary it from time to time:
- Try replacing the honey with some Organic Maple Syrup. It adds a whole different flavour to the drink.
- Try replacing limes with some Lemons. They have quite a different flavour than the limes and bring a more fresh flavour to the drink.
- I have used Vanilla Simple Syrup in this tea. It brings a vanilla flavour into the iced tea and goes really well in this peach drink.
- I love to chop my fresh peaches and Freeze them for about an hour or so. That adds to the coldness of the peach drink. Alternatively, you can use pre-frozen peaches.
- Add a few Fresh Mint Leaves and crush them into the tea. Just a few leaves go a long way.
If you like the recipe please leave a comment below. Don’t forget to sign up for the free newsletter and be the first to learn about all my new recipes. And, don’t forget to follow me on my social media accounts Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and Twitter.
4 Ingredient Summer Peach Iced TeaCourse: Uncategorized
My 4 ingredient summer peach iced tea is made with real peaches and is a perfect refreshment for a hot summer day. It’s sweet and tangy and absolutely delicious.
2 liters of water
3 English breakfast tea bags
1/4 cup of honey
1 large ripe peach
- Boil 2 liters of water. Add it to a pot or jug directly.
- Add all three of the tea bags to the pot. Allow the tea to steep for about 1/2 hour.
- Once steeped, remove and discard the tea bags.
- Add the honey and the lime juice to the jug.
- Slice the peach into 1/4 inch slices and add it to the jug.
- Place the jug in the fridge for about 3 or so hours. It can be left in the fridge overnight so it gets colder.
- Serve cold with some ice cubes, a slice of fresh lime and fresh some mint leaves.